Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation.
Everyone is talking about it. Everyone is buying it. Seriously.
I know many of you don’t wear foundation everyday, I don’t too but on special occasions like weddings, parties and reunions, I need my foundation. Emphasis on NEED.
Here’s why it’s pretty cool to wear foundation –
- It covers blemishes and discoloration. It gives your skin a nice and even toned texture and glow.
- Makes you look well rested even if you’ve only slept for 3 hours (raise your hand if you’re overworked and underpaid)
- Makes you look younger. And who doesn’t want to look younger?
- This one I got from Google: “Foundation can give a more enhanced and professional look which can improve the reception the wearer receives from society” –> Ano daw?? What it really means: If you are single and looking for a boyfriend, you must wear foundation.
- It can add to your confidence because when you look good, you feel good
So unless you’ve got the skin of an angel, it’s smart to own a good bottle of foundation.
I have 3 favorite brands of foundation. I will reveal the other 2 in my next post but for now, let’s talk about the new Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation.
I called my friend Kris Bacani of Make Up Forever and asked her to explain this madness to me. Of course I had to know about it ASAP, it’s all over my Instagram feed.
Here’s what I’ve gathered from Kris –
(I can’t believe I’m interviewing people now. Karen Davila in the house. )
1. What is the difference between the new Ultra HD foundation and the old HD foundation?
The new Ultra HD foundation still has the key ingredients found in the old HD foundation but it has now the 4k Complex which has 3 more main ingredients:
- Pure Focus Pigments: Contains light reflecting particles that provide invisible coverage
- Radiance Boosters: Contains plant extract that makes skin brighter
- Hyaluronic Spheres: Hyaluronic acid that allows skin to be continuously moisturized
In short, the new Ultra HD foundation is creamier and more pigmented but is more invisible and smoother on the skin. To cover your entire face, you will need 2 pumps of the old HD foundation while you will only need 1 pump of the new Ultra MUFE foundation.
It is also now more forgiving on dry skin since it has moisturizing properties and the finish is more dewy. Hyaluronic acid is also a common ingredient in anti aging products, so technically, you’re concealing blemishes while preventing aging.
As for the price, surprisingly it is more affordable at P2,700 compared to P2850 before. The reason for this is that there is greater demand for the new Ultra HD foundation so MUFE is able to produce in bigger quantities.
The new Ultra HD foundation also has a whopping 40 shades! There’s also a new numbering system for the shades, it now starts with either Y or R – Y for yellow undertones and R for red undertones. The old numbering system is still visible at the bottom of the bottle so that the loyal HD users won’t be confused.
It looks like this: 120 (old code) = Y245 (new code)
2. What is the same about it?
It still comes in the same pump bottle, but the difference is the silver metal ring in the middle. It also has a tighter grip for the cap so the cap doesn’t easily fall off.
You can still apply it with your hands, sponge or foundation brush. There are 3 brushes you can try, each one will give you a different finish –
- Stippling/Blending Foundation Brush
- Buffer Foundation Brush
- Large Flat Foundation Brush
3. Is it better than the old one?
Of course! If the old HD foundation was tested with HD cameras, the Ultra HD foundation was tested with Ultra HD cameras with 4k Technology. Meaning, it’s tested under 4x clearer and brighter screens, and 4x the color and number of pixels. That’s how rigid the testing is.
4. Is it for oily, normal, or dry skin? What about sensitive skin?
It is ideal for all skin types. If you’re oily, pair it with the Step One Mattifying Primer. If you’re dry, pair it with Step One Hydrating. It is non-comodogenic so it can be used for sensitive skin.
So what are you waiting for? Drop by Make Up Forever to buy yourself a bottle of good foundation.
Here are the 4 branches in Metro Manila:
Level 1, Trinoma
SM Megamall +632 631 5681
2nd Level, Mega Fashion Hall, Building D
Greenbelt 3 +632 621 5248
Ground Floor, Greenbelt 3
SM Mall of Asia +63917.273.4805
2nd Level, Main Mall, SM Mall of Asia
If you’re going to the Greenbelt branch, text me! I might have some free time to meet up with you.
Hi Precious! Been following on IG for awhile now and I love your work. This post is really helpful too! Thanks for doing what you do and more power 🙂
Thank you Christina! Such kind words, I appreciate it a lot 🙂
I just discovered your blog and it’s very helpful! 🙂 More blog posts please. 🙂
Hi Aika, how did you hear about my blog? Yes, I promise to try and blog more this January 🙂
What are the 3 shades that you bought? 🙂
Hi Jem, I bought Y245 Soft Sand, R250 Beige Nude and R370 Medium Beige. I heard that Y385 Neutral Beige is also a good color to have. Enjoy shopping!